2009: Expert witness on the subject of patent law in Civil Action No. 2008RCCV01519, Dewey v. Powergroup International, Inc. in the Superior Court of Richmond County, Georgia. Subject matter of expert testimony concerned corporate invention development and disclosure practices, specific inventions and patent applications.
2003: Expert witness on the subject of patent law in Civil Action No. 8:01-cv-2092-T-26TGW, Mercury Enterprises, Inc. v. Ventlab Corporation, in the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division. Subject matter of expert testimony concerned claim interpretation, infringement and validity of Ratner, U.S. Patent No. 5,557,049, Disposable Manometer For Use With a CPR Bag.
1986 – 1994 Southern Engineering Company Atlanta, Georgia
Engineer and consultant for electric utilities in areas of contract analysis, regulatory affairs, economic studies, accounting procedures and business practices. Experience in litigation, arbitration, rate cases, administrative proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, contract negotiation and analysis, damage computation, and legislative and rulemaking proceedings.
- Expert witness before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Hydroelectric Projects Nos. 432 and 2784 including direct testimony and cross examination.
- Preparation of direct testimony as expert witness on contract and damages analysis on behalf of North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation in arbitration and legal proceedings relating to electric power contracts.
- Speaker and advisor for the United States Agency for International Development in Eastern Europe on matters related to electric utilities.
- Advisor for the Transmission Task Force of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association charged with developing legislative and regulatory proposals culminating in the Electricity Title of the Energy Policy Act of 1992.
- Author or co-author of comments written on behalf of electric utility clients in over a dozen administrative rulemaking proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Rural Electrification Administration.